When the confinement started, my mother and I became fond of watching videos of chefs posting their recipes on the nets, one of which surprised us was that of Nandu Juvany, Goat Shoulders with Pears.
We decided to try the recipe with an organic three-kilo chicken brought to us by Marti de Chickens from Torre d’Erbull. The result was spectacular …
Today, with Pep Nogué’s proposal #xaideconfinament, we will make the recipe with Goat’s Shoulders from our head shepherd, Arnau, who brought us a whole kid on Wednesday … delicious. He grazes his goats in our beloved mountains that every morning when we look out the window we see from home, south of the Sierra de Prades between Mussara and Albiol that with the mountain of Puig d’en Cama the Mas Ripoll Valley.
Ingredients for kid shoulders:
- 2 shoulders of Cabrit de l’Arnau Recasens from La Selva de Camp
- Extra virgin olive oil from Ca Rosset
- Butter Ato from our friends from Mas la Coromina
- Home garden onions
- White wine from Eduard from Celler Sanromà de Vilarodona
- Can Putxic Premium Tomato Tomatoes
- Salt, black pepper, paprika, thyme, bay leaf
- Calçots de Majols Natura
- Pears of Mikel de la Barraqueta
- Hazelnuts Ca Rosset
- Carrots, celery, garlic and pepper from Mikel de la Barraqueta Agroecològica de Vilallonga del Camp
Season the shoulders with salt and pepper and add the paprika. Vegetables: carrots, onions, celery, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, cut into large slices and fry a little in oil and butter, just to start.
When it is soft, add the tomatoes, give it two turns and pour it into the tray where we have the kid’s shoulders. We put it in the oven for 1 hour and º at 160ºC. After the first hour of baking we turn the shoulders sprinkling them with the fat from the bottom of the tray and the white wine.
Remove the tray from the oven and add the pears. We also add the hazelnuts and raisins now, but before that, we will have soaked them in water, so that they do not burn. We put the tray back in the oven for another hour and you will already have your #xaideconfinament with #proximity products.